A benefit for the American Cancer Society
Doug Michaels and Amie Winters from WQOW 18 will host Karaoke for a Cure.
Clear Channel Radio personalities Mike McKay (B-95) and Dave DeVille (Z-100) will help judge the event
Karaoke for a Cure is a benefit for the American Cancer Society. The event began in March of 2006 and has gained in popularity each year. The goal is to provide quality family entertainment in the style of American Idol, while raising funds and awareness in the battle to eliminate cancer. Our local American Cancer Society office helps to oversee the event. Contributions are central to supporting their mission, which aims to fight cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Karaoke contestants will compete for a $500 top prize. Audience members will help determine the winner, so contestants are encouraged to invite family and friends to attend. All spectators will be eligible to win a prize, while additional prizes may be won through a raffle. Come join the fun and help celebrate our 8th Anniversary!
Contestant registration will begin January 1st, 2013!
- A $25 registration fee will be collected prior to the contest
- 1st Prize: $500
- Contestants must be 18 years or older to participate
- You must submit three songs choices that you would be willing to perform. Event organizers will pick which selection you will sing and you will be notified prior to the event. The first two songs must be "up-tempo" songs. ABSOLUTELY NO changing of your song choices one you click "submit.
- No repeat song choices will be allowed
- Contestant order will be assigned according to song choice
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously competed in this event.
- Bring your family and friends because the audience determines the winners
- Registration will end on Friday, January 11th
Due to the expected number of entries, a drawing will be used to determine the contestants. All people registering will be notified of their status by January 17th.
A $6 admission will be collected upon entering the Plaza. This entry charge will be donated to the American Cancer Society and allows you to enjoy the karaoke entertainment and participate in determining the Karaoke for a Cure champion. All spectators will be eligible to win a prize, while additional prizes may be won through a raffle.
The Plaza Hotel is graciously donating their Crystal Ballroom for this event. They will also be providing a "cash bar" service which does include alcoholic beverages (21 and over) as well as water and soda. The cash bar is not associated with donations to the American Cancer Society.
Thank you for your interest in the 2013 Karaoke for a Cure contest. Together we can make an important impact on individuals and families in our community who are fighting cancer. Please plan to attend this exciting, family-friendly event as either a contestant or spectator. We welcome any questions you may have regarding this event or our American Cancer Society. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Daniel R Pekol
Karaoke for a Cure, Chairman
Several more prizes can be won through a raffle.